You are your Divine Self. That Higher Self lives through you as your personality self. It is your responsibility to cooperate with and support that Divine/Higher/Authentic Self to have room in your mind, heart, and through your actions.
Here are some steps you can take to support your Authentic Self:
- Define your Authentic Self
- Who are you? Who do you want to be in this lifetime? How do you want to show up in the world?
- What are your desires, your values? What is important to you?
- Meditate for five minutes (or more!) every day. Spend time getting to know your Higher Self!
- Observe yourself.
- Do your thoughts, words, emotions, and actions line up with how you want to be?
- Are your decisions supporting you in becoming more of your Authentic Self?
- Heal what needs to be healed as is revealed to you.
- Look within. Observe with compassion any triggers or missteps that come along.
- Ask yourself, “If I were coming from my Authentic Self rather than my personality self, how would I see this situation differently?”
You are in charge of how much of your Authentic Self gets to dance in your world! Do you want it to be a little here and there, or a whole lot? Every day is a new opportunity to discover more of your Authentic Self!
My love to you all!
Lynn Barrette, LCSW – Lynn (“Mikki” Michael) Barrette was the Y.O.U. International President from 1988-1989, Midwest Y.O.U. Regional Representative from 1987-1988, and worked at the Association of Unity Churches (now Unity Worldwide Ministries) from 1992-1993. She served in many roles in Unity churches in Florida, New Mexico, Kansas, Michigan, and Illinois.
Lynn is a licensed clinical therapist and spiritual counselor, and leads classes, webinars, and workshops on spiritual psychology. Her heart’s desire is to support others in being more attuned to their Higher Self. Her private practice, Center for Dynamic Healing, has offices in Illinois and Florida. Visit her website, Facebook page, and YouTube channel for more information and support for your soul!
Created for the Youth of Unity (Y.O.U.) Authenticity Faire, October 15-17, 2021